Thursday, March 29, 2012

POP3 Mail

Hi all

I need to implement a POP3 mail client as part of my project, everything fine from getting emails to read the attachments.

Problem is whenever I am downloading the messages they are no more in server, so I need to save them in local hard drive or database, is there any best approach to achieve this, or some other alternative

Please someone guide me through, thanks in advance for your help

whenever I am downloading the messages they are no more in server ? What it means? how you download the messages ? Using outlook express ?


Hi Thanks for Reply...

Means that they are deleted after downloading(Reading) from server, it's the default behaviour of pop I hope so.i tried with Gmail and inbox.com and retrieving a mail from custom written class by utilizing System.Net.Sockets class, even we can observe the behaviour using telnet.

So I need to save those emails before they got deleted from server, I posted here to know any better approaches to save and retrieve those emails whenever we need(like .eml files) or any thing better approach to handle with out saving them.


So,i decided to store emails(raw data received from pop3 server) in to (.eml) files using .net built in IO streams,when i open (.eml) file with outlook express,it's reading all content and attachments as it is,problem solved,if anybody need how just let me know.

Thanks..


...great and affordable component called 4ASPNet POP3, which does the trick.http://www.4-asp.net/products/pop3.aspx

0 comments:

Post a Comment