Thursday, March 29, 2012

POP3 and ASP.NET

I have searched for information on accessing POP3 accounts from ASP.NET. There are a couple of mentions in the forums, advising that there are many POP3 .NET components available for free, but I can only find one free component - CSLMail (http://www.wintoolzone.com/) which was last updated April 2003.

Unfortunately the documentation for CSLMail is very limited and the two very basic examples are in C# which has me stumped because I only know VB and am very new to VB.NET (although an old hand at ASP), so I'm having trouble translating them to a VB.NET web form.

I have also read a couple of POP3 articles at www.aspalliance.com, but I'm not ready to code my own components yet and again have trouble relating the code to a web form - I just need to access a POP3 account from a simple ASP.NET web page.

Can anyone suggest additional free POP3 components, or advise of some additional articles that I could read?

Thanks in advance.Soft-Artisans has a free PoP3 component that I had used before. I dont remember if there was vb.net documentation, or how good it was but its worth a shot for you.
Thanks for your reply. My searches had already taken me to Software Artisans' web site, but unfortunately, they have withdrawn the component!

Additional suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again.
Hi amigo how is life
You have mentioned an organization but not its url can i have its url plz.
softartisans.com
Thanks Boss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment