Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pop Up Window Name - Would like it to be timestamp

Hi,

I'm an asp programmer currently in the low process of converting one of my asp intranets into asp.net (vb).

This is going to be one of many questions i ask on the forum (glad I've found it) !

I have a link a page that opens up popup window (removes all the buttons from the nav bar, chromless effect).

I would normally do the following at the top of the page:

<script language=javascript runat=server>
function GetTimeInMillisec()
{
var Now = new Date()
var TimeStamp = Now.getTime()

return TimeStamp
}
</script>
<%
varTimeStamp = GetTimeInMillisec()
%
Then the link would be:

<a href="http://links.10026.com/?link=javascript:launchwin('frameset.asp','<%=varTimeStamp%>','width='+(screen.width-11)+',height='+(screen.height-92)+',screenX=0,screenY=0,directories=0,fullscreen=0,location=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,status=1,toolbar=0,top=0,left=0,resizable=yes')">Open</a
Can someone give me some pointers on how I am able pass a timestamp value (or another random character string) into the name of the window.

The reason I want this is in case a user wants to be able to have multiple instances of the system open.

Thank you
James Campbell

I take it you have a js function called launchwin? If so can you not set it there? If you want to use a .net datetime when the page was created use <%=DateTime.Now%>

There's few options depending on what your requirements are..


Hi,

Yes I have a js function called launchwin. Reading your post just makes me think that I am thinking too hard about a very simple problem !

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

James


To complete this thread I now have:

<a href="http://links.10026.com/?link=javascript:launchwin('System/Login.aspx','<%=DateTime.Now.toString("mmssffffff")%>','width='+(screen.width-11)+',height='+(screen.height-92)+',screenX=0,screenY=0,directories=0,fullscreen=0,location=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,status=1,toolbar=0,top=0,left=0,resizable=yes')">Launch</a
Thanks jibber !

James

0 comments:

Post a Comment